When planning your getaway to East Cape, Baja Sur, MX, we know you have questions and we are here to ensure your stay is a blissful escape. Read this FAQ for tips from the locals and let us know if you have more questions.
Yes! Flora Farms is a very popular place here in Los Cabos. The month before your arrival make reservations online to ensure you are not disappointed!
For those who want more information on the famous Art Walk on Thursday evenings in historic downtown San Jose del Cabo and more culture and fun times in town check out:
For people who want to reserve ahead their East Cape, Mexico, ATV touring day we recommend:
Visit Surf-forecast.com. Here you find swell height, wind direction, wave maps, wind maps and general weather 7 day forecasts.
When travelling finding the perfect cup of coffee is at the top of the list for many people. So we thought we would share our top three personal cafes in San Jose del Cabo:
1) El Wine Shop – has 2 locations – one on the parallel road beside La Comer shopping centre and one boutique location at Flora Farms.
2) French Riviera Bakery – in old downtown San Jose for brunch, decadent treats and good Italian coffee.
3) Café Doña Nena – is a low-key cafe setting perfect for a quick jolt of caffeine before strolling the cobblestone streets in San Jose (just before the entrance to the church square – same side of road as Tropicana.)
Additional stops to check out! 10 Best Cafes in San Jose del Cabo
Upon booking with us at El Colibri, we make it our business to ensure you have all the right information to help make your trip a success. People are always asking us where are the best stores to find food and beverages. Here is our list of the main groceries stores and organic markets in San Jose del Cabo:
1. La Comer – super store with everything at the main roundabout (was previously Mega store), has a few organic and gluten free products.
2. Chedraui – brand new superstore at roundabout, has organic and gluten free products.
3. Walmart – pretty much the same as in US/Canada
4. Flora Farms Grocery – amazing organic produce and bread products in their restaurant market or when in town at their satellite store in Art District downtown San Jose.
5. Saturday Farmer’s market in San Jose from 9-2 behind old downtown follow signs.
6. Wednesday Farmer’s market in Zacatitos on Wednesday mornings 9-12 – close to Zac’s bar and grill – follow signs on dirt road.
Our guests have enjoyed booking their snorkeling tour with Eco Adventures – they take care of your snacks and have good equipment for you to use and best of all its only a 60 minute scenic drive from El Colibri north on the dirt road! Check it out here: cabopulmoecoadventures.com
We recommend booking a charter out of the Puerto Los Cabos Marina – which is only about 20 minute drive from Shipwrecks beach. The operator we recommend is Gordo Banks and you can contact them here: www.gordobanks.com For 2 people a super panga is sufficient but a 25 or 30ft cabin cruiser is nice for 3-4 people. Make sure to bring cash for your fishing licence, plus bait and tip.